Pickmee mobile app is incredibly fun, and it is useful for both beauty professionals and their clients. Professionals can showcase their work, connect with new and existing clients, and build their businesses. Clients can discover new services and providers, book appointments online, and get inspired. This app also includes a try-on feature that allows users to try out different hair colors and styles in a selfie mode before they decide to take a plunge.
The beginning of this concept arose from my passion for beauty and my passive observations on what needs to improve in the beauty service experience. One of my sisters is a hairstylist. She needs an app to help her keep track of her appointments and connect with new clients. I started to look into the problems that she was having. I wanted to create a fun and useful app that focus on hair, makeup, nail, and tattoo professional services. Designing Pickmee, my goal is to make users’ lives easier while holding them accountable to make a business impact and achieve personal values.
To solve the problems and achieve the goals, I went through the following steps, engaging with users (Beauty Professionals, friends, and family)
- Understand the context and basic requirements of users.
- Research and understand what competitors are doing. Make improvements and come up with better solutions.
- Explore design ideas and options. Come up with wireframes and flowcharts. Build prototypes to show end-to-end flows.
- Share designs with users, let them play with the prototypes, get user feedback, and iterate.
- Test and find the best solutions for users.
INITIAL WIREFRAME AND USER FLOW
HIGH-FIDELITY PROTOTYPE DESIGN